For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Portmeirion Group UK Limited of London Road, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 7QQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website(s). This includes information provided at the time of registering with our website(s), and upon submitting comments.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website(s) and of the fulfilment ofyour orders.
- Records of correspondence if you contact us, including your email address if you email us and your telephone number if you call us.
- Details of your visits to our website(s). We may also collect other information including,but not limited to, your IP address, traffic data and location data.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect information about your computer, tablet or mobile phone (your “Device”), including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type and the country and telephone area where your Device is located. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not, on its own, identify any individual.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed by Sage Pay. You can read Sage Pay's security policy here and about Sage Pay's security standards and view their certificate of compliance here.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process your orders and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you require from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites, when you choose to do so.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email or SMS (“ElectronicMeans”) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer we will contact you by Electronic Means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We may combine information about you that receive from other sources with information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Portmeirion Group UK Limited, our customers, our employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line. You can also exercise the right at any time by e-mailing the Customer Service department at email@example.com, or calling us on +44 (0)1782 743427 between 9.00am and 4.30pm UK times (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays in England).
Our website(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €12.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.